UPDATED: July 25, 2020
We're open! In accordance with guidelines from the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Woodmere has implemented new protocols to provide guests with safe and inspiring experiences with Philadelphia's art. This page will continue to be updated with details regarding reopening plans and procedures. Sign up for Woodmere's newsletter to stay updated on news and events.
When will the Museum reopen?
As of Saturday, July 25, 2020, Woodmere Art Museum is open to the public.
Do I need to purchase a ticket in advance?
Advance timed tickets are strongly encouraged and will provide priority admittance to the galleries. Click here to purchase tickets.
Visitors may still purchase admission at our front desk, but to comply with maximum occupancy limits set by the city and state, walk-up visitors may need to wait outside to enter. Visitors are welcome to explore the Museum’s grounds while they wait.
What are the guidelines for visiting Woodmere’s grounds?
The grounds are open and free to all during Museum hours. Tickets are not required. Please observe social distance guidelines (see below) and wear masks.
What if I purchase a ticket and cannot attend?
Please call Guest Services at (215) 247-0476.
What safety measures has the Museum taken to avoid the spread of COVID-19?
- High-traffic and high-touch areas are being cleaned regularly.
- Sanitizing stations are available at the entrance and exit.
- A Plexiglass shield has been installed at the front desk.
- Credit card payments are the preferred method of payment.
- The coat room is closed until further notice.
- Reduced visitor capacity as set by the city.
- Adherence to the guideline of six-foot distancing.
- Maximum occupancy limits as recommended by the Department of Health are posted at each gallery. Visitors are asked to wait and allow others to exit the gallery before entering.
- Visitors enter through a designated door and exit through another, whenever possible.
- Visitors are required to follow a one-way path through the Museum. For a map of the galleries, click here.
- All visitors and staff must wear a mask in the Museum with the exception of children under age 2. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one at the front desk for $1.00 (subject to availability).
- All staff and volunteers undergo daily health screenings.
Will the elevator be available for use?
Yes, a staff member will escort visitors to the elevator.
When will studio classes and programs resume?
Indoor programs will resume when it is permitted by the city and state. Outdoor programs are being planned. Details are shared on our website and social media channels, and in our monthly email update. To join our email list, click here
Are there requirements for participating in Studio Classes?
Is the Museum Store open?
Stephen Kerzner, Museum Store Director, is offering personal shopping experiences by phone. Click here
for details. Due to capacity guidelines pertaining to social distancing, the Museum Store remains closed to visitors until further notice.
What if I have recently traveled to/from another state?
Thank you for your interest in visiting Woodmere Art Museum! The states listed here
are currently on Pennsylvania’s travel quarantine list. As a result, if you have traveled to the states listed, it is suggested you not visit Woodmere until the quarantine period of 14 days has passed.
Check back frequently for updates. If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com. And, as a reminder, if you are not feeling well, please visit the Museum at another time.
The following links are provided for additional information: