UPDATED: July 9, 2020
Woodmere Art Museum is temporarily closed to the public. In accordance with safety guidelines provided by the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Woodmere will reopen on Saturday, July 25, 2020. Details regarding reopening plans and procedures will be added to this page. Sign up for Woodmere's newsletter to stay updated on news and events.
When will the Museum reopen?
Woodmere Art Museum will reopen on Saturday, July 25, 2020. Details will be provided on our website, social media channels, and in our monthly email update. All of our galleries will reopen at that time. To join our email list, click here
Do I need to purchase a ticket in advance?
Advance timed tickets are strongly encouraged and will provide priority admittance to the galleries. Tickets will go on sale at 10 am on Saturday, July 11, and can be purchased online here.
Visitors may still purchase admission at our front desk, but to comply with maximum occupancy limits set by the city and state, walk-up visitors may need to wait outside to enter. Visitors are welcome to explore the Museum’s grounds while they wait.
What are the guidelines for visiting Woodmere’s grounds?
The grounds are open and free to all during Museum hours. Tickets are not required. Please observe social distance guidelines (see below) and wear masks.
What if I purchase a ticket and cannot attend?
Please call Guest Services at (215) 247-0476.
What safety measures has the Museum taken to avoid the spread of COVID-19?
- High-traffic and high-touch areas are being cleaned regularly.
- Sanitizing stations are available at the entrance and exit.
- A Plexiglass shield has been installed at the front desk.
- Credit card payments are the preferred method of payment.
- The coat room is closed until further notice.
- Reduced visitor capacity as set by the city.
- Adherence to the guideline of six-foot distancing.
- Maximum occupancy limits as recommended by the Department of Health are posted at each gallery. Visitors are asked to wait and allow others to exit the gallery before entering.
- Visitors enter through a designated door and exit through another, whenever possible.
- Visitors are required to follow a one-way path through the Museum.
- All visitors and staff must wear a mask in the Museum with the exception of children under age 2. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one at the front desk for $1.00 (subject to availability).
- All staff and volunteers undergo daily health screenings.
Will the elevator be available for use?
Yes, a staff member will escort visitors to the elevator.
When will studio classes and programs resume?
Indoor programs will resume when it is permitted by the city and state. Outdoor programs are being planned. Details are shared on our website and social media channels, and in our monthly email update. To join our email list, click here
Are there requirements for participating in Studio Classes?
Is the Museum Store open?
Beginning Saturday, July 25, Stephen Kerzner, Museum Store Director, will be offering personal shopping experiences by phone. More information will be provided here
soon. Due to capacity guidelines pertaining to social distancing, the Museum Store remains closed to visitors until further notice.
Check back frequently for updates. If you have additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, as a reminder, if you are not feeling well, please visit the Museum at another time.
The following links are provided for additional information: