Join Our Team
Background: Woodmere Art Museum’s mission is to offer experiences with the art and artists of Philadelphia. Woodmere is currently in the midst of unprecedented institutional growth, having recently acquired a neighboring estate, now called Frances M. Maguire Hall for Art and Education at Woodmere Art Museum, which will be transformed into galleries for the museum’s collection.
Position Overview: The Grant Manager will contribute tangibly to the growth of one of Philadelphia’s great cultural institutions. The Grant Manager works with the Director of Development and other Woodmere leadership to develop a comprehensive strategy that matches Woodmere’s programs and exhibitions with funding opportunities. Under the supervision of the Director of Development – and working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the institution – the Grant Manager will directly oversee all aspects of Woodmere’s grant program. Responsibilities include researching institutional grant opportunities (e.g., foundation grants, government grants and contracts, and corporate grant programs); developing and writing letters of inquiry, applications, and reports; fulfilling review requirements; and tracking deliverables, budgets, and timelines to ensure completion of grant requirements. The position requires a results and mission-driven professional to manage a robust foundation and government grant portfolio in collaboration with the organization’s leadership, while simultaneously developing leads and fostering relationships that lead to new funding.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and increase funding through researching institutional funding opportunities and writing grant proposals, reports, letters, and other compelling fundraising materials, including budgets and financial reports
- Work with leadership and the board of trustees to develop fundraising strategies which supports organizational projects and priorities as needed
- Proactively research government funding opportunities, and identify and recommend RFPs for consideration and write government grant proposals for existing and new programs
- Maintain regular contact and strategic interaction with foundations
- Oversee and track grant milestones in collaboration with program and finance staff ensuring that deliverables are met on a timely basis and required reporting is prepared and submitted within the parameters of the grant
- Manage foundation mailing lists, grants calendar, acknowledgments, and other general correspondence
- Maintain orderly tracking and filing systems both in print and electronically
- Assist, as needed, with special events, communications materials, volunteer/in-kind corporate engagement strategies, and other development functions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, with talent at translating detailed information into clear and compelling language
- 3+ years of experience in proposal writing, corporate and foundation work, and program development
- 3+ years of experience managing and preparing government grants
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to follow-though and outstanding attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to respond productively to direction and feedback, working with staff and leadership at all levels
- Knowledge of budgeting and basic accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, relational databases, and government portals
Woodmere Art Museum is committed to diversity and equal opportunity in recruitment, hiring and employment. Woodmere shall not, in any manner, discriminate regardless of race, color, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, or veteran status, and any other status protected by law.
Interested applicants please email Lily Williams at email@example.com.
Download the Volunteer Application.
E-mail your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.